Friday, January 16, 2015

back to regularly scheduled programming.

It's been quite a few days since I've posted something on here. I wish I could say it's because I've been busy getting things together to go back to school for spring semester, but truthfully, I've just been laying around the house in my PJ's and watching a lot of anime while occasionally listening to my records. Don't get me wrong, I have been getting things together little by little, but I should probably put more effort into it considering that I move back into my dorm in T-3 days.

I can't lie, though, I'm very excited to go back to college life. I've really enjoyed the break and being able to do whatever with little to no responsibility. I've also enjoyed sleeping until whenever because I can and not having to worry about making it to class on time. And I've greatly enjoyed spending so much time with my cats, because I really miss them when I'm at school. Now that I have two (I recently adopted a Siamese kitten) the cat feels are going to be twice as much while I'm away. I am, in fact, a bonafide cat lady.

But truthfully, there's something so awesome about living on your own in a dorm at school. I've really enjoyed having the freedom to do whatever (and then have to take care of my own problems, of course, but that's a whole different story..) and make the rules. Being away at school and being on my own, for the most part, has helped me learn a lot about myself and has also made me into more of an adult, I would say. And I've elaborated on this topic already, so we're going to move on.

I'm hoping that after I move back in and life goes back to being it's crazy self, I'm going to keep up with this blog. I'm really, really hoping. I've enjoyed doing this so far, even though it's been not that many weeks since I started again. But I really have enjoyed writing down things that go through my head or about things that spark my interest. Basically, I have to make my blog a priority when I go back to school and academic life. As someone who procrastinates a lot and tends to forget about things a little to easily, it's gonna be tough. But I'm determined to make it work because like I said, I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far. And I think it'll continue to be fun going forward.

In a related topic, I'm unsure of what I should talk about going forward. As I've said previously, I want this blog to be interesting and not just a running dialogue of what's going on in my head/a journal/a place where I complain all the time because that's not fun to read. I guess some major brain storming should take place and I should also probably write down the ideas I get at 1 a.m when I'm about to go to sleep but then have some random spark of genius. This happens a lot, especially with writing (I'm a writer, I suppose. I write poems and junk. It's casual) and then I wake up in the morning, pissed off at myself because I probably just let a really good one go just because I value sleep above a lot of things. This is yet another thing that should probably change. Yes, sleep is very valuable and something we need as humans to live and recharge and what not, but still. Sleep is not more important than my education or my money that's going towards my education. Because college is not cheap in America. Not at all.

And as a gentle reminder for all the people out there that read this and also go to college, don't forget to fill out your FAFSA!! It's very important that you do so you can be educated and do awesome things without going broke in the process (actually, let's be real, you'll still probably go broke in the process but I mean like, it'll be fun right? ha, ha hahaha HAHHOHWOFIHAOF)

Okay, well.. I should probably stop wasting time on the Internet and get up and do something. There's a imaginary laundry list of things that I have to get done today and I have done 1.2 of those things. Go me. We're getting somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment